Full Spectrum Doula Care
I view pregnancy and birth as part of a spectrum of reproductive experiences, which also includes fertility, pregnancy prevention, miscarriage, pregnancy release, surrogacy, and adoption. During these and other lived transitions, individuals need their Circle to surround them.
As a full-spectrum doula, I extend the doula model of care to all of the choices and outcomes across this spectrum. This means that I provide educational, informational, physical and emotional support to all people for all reproductive choices and experiences, including abortion/pregnancy release. These services can include:
- Answer questions and offer community resources
- Give one-on-one support during certain parts of your abortion/pregnancy release or throughout the entire experience
- Offer emotional support and help process the experience
- Help with physical relaxation and stress relief techniques
- Be there for aftercare
- Provide spiritual and religious support
- Give nutritional and herbal remedy information
- Advocate for their unique experience with medical staff
- Help partners/family/friends/support people with the experience
- Refer to other support services, including medical, mental health, social and cultural services
For more information about my work as a full-spectrum doula, please contact me.